Project Runway. Sounds glamorous, doesn’t it? Well, it is and I’m not talking that reality TV shows that’s hosted by Heidi Klum and has now reached its 18th season. Instead, I am referring to the Brother Project Runway PC420PRW Computerized Sewing Machine. Let’s talk about what made me say this on the Brother PC420PRW Review.
Project Runway: A Brother PC420PRW Review
Specification and Features
This baby is 17.3″ x 7.9″ x 11.4″ big and 26 lbs. The first thing that came to mind is how this is significantly heavier than how a Singer sewing machine of the same size will weight. This got me curious though, how so? This is possibly because aside from a metal skeletal frame/ interior, the external housing seems to be made of thicker hence heavier plastic.
With regards to feature, this model is not something to be taken lightly. It is feature packed and very suitable to accompany competitors of its namesake reality tv show. I am trying out a different approach to doing this and I’m starting it on this Brother PC420PRW Review. I’d like to segregate the sewing machine functions and features according to 4 important categories that matter most to sewists.
• 294 built-in stitch patterns consisted of 67 functional or utility, 31 decoratives, 5 types of cross stitches, 16 satin stitches, 10 decorative satin stitches.
• Fonts/ alphabet is also among the stitches available in this machine together with 10 types of 1-step buttonholes.
• My Custom Stitch feature that allows you to design your own stitches
• Adjustable stitch width and length for customized, personal touch every time. Max width: 7mm. Max length: 5mm
• Up to 14 variable needle positions
• Drop feed function for free motion sewing
• Twin needle capability that allows you to mimic cover stitch on hems or as decoration
Efficiency (Features that saves you time)
• Maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute
• Quick set bobbin system
• Snap-on presser foot replacement method. Replace presser feet in a snap.
• Fast bobbin winding function
• Primary function control with a touch of a button. Start/ stop, reverse, stitch selection, lower/ lift needle position all with a single touch of your fingertip.
• Presser feet knee lifter. Lets you raise and lower the presser feet “hands-free”.
• Automatic thread cutter button
• Programmable Presser Foot Pressure
• Needle area lighting
• LCD display with the stitch selector
• Powerful feed dog system
• Adjustable tension
• Presser foot pressure that can be pre-programmed
• Sewing speed control functionality
• Auto-reinforcement capability
Value for Money:
Aside from a lot of features that you are getting with this machine, you’ll really get the value for your money with everything that comes with the Brother PC420PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Machines.