If you are looking for a serious, heavy duty machine free from the flaws and hiccups of lighter machines, then Janome HD1000 is the perfect machine. It is a work horse sewing machine built to last and designed to avoid the frustrations of bunching and skipped stitches. It is equipped with several features such as an automatic needle threader and a free arm to make your work easier, faster and more efficient. All this at a friendly price that won’t hurt your pocket. The instructions that come with the machine are so easy to follow that even a novice would find it a breeze to set up and use the machine.
Top features of the Janome HD1000
- 14 built in stitches that range from utility stitches, stretch stitches and regular stitches. It also has an easy to use 4 step button hole. You can transition from fine to heavy fabrics seamlessly by using the dial to change the length of the stitches.
- The entire construction is metal. Made of cast aluminum, this heavy duty machine is guaranteed to make your sewing smooth, dependable and wobble-free.
- A free arm which comes in handy when sewing cuffs, pants and collars. It also has a drop feed dog which is useful for stippling, darning and attaching buttons.
- The automatic needle threader lets you thread the needle without straining your neck and eyes.
Just how powerful is this machine? You can comfortably sew through layers of denim and even tackle leather projects and achieve strong and professional stitches. The strong motor and all-metal interior and exterior promise an overall durability very reminiscent of older machines. It will last through scores of projects while still in top shape.
- A reverse lever for stitch locking.
- A 4mm maximum stitch length and 5mm maximum width.
- The presser foot has extra high clearance which comes in handy when dealing with thick or bulky fabrics.
- Manual thread tension control.
- A zigzag foot and rolled hem foot are included.
Advantages of the Janome HD1000
- This machine is a real workhorse, it can power through plenty of different fabrics, varying from the fine ones to heavier ones. You can create your dream project, whether it is a home décor item, a garment or an accessory while enjoying the sturdiness of this machine.
- It comes with plenty of extra accessories including needles, bobbins, screwdrivers that are both large and small, seam rippers and an array of presser feet. The package also includes a dust cover, some oil and felt.
Disadvantages of the Janome HD1000
The main concern with the Janome HD1000 is a bit of bobbin issues due to the automatic threading system, but the regular bobbins are easy to insert. However, the custom bobbins are not always a joy to use.
The features of the Janome HD1000 are quite impressive for a machine in this price range. It does not have all the bells and whistles that accompany modern computerized machines, but if you are looking for a workhorse to crash through intensive projects in terms of magnitude and time, then this is the machine for you.