In the Singer 1304 review, we will be tackling everything about what the Singer 1304 START™ Sewing Machine has to offer. Introduced to the market as a portable beginners’/ basic sewing machine that promises easy breezy operation for budding sewists.
All About The Product
As mentioned above, the Singer 1304 is a portable type machine that is only 13″ x 7″ x 11.5″ big. It weighs 12.83 lbs, very easy even for teenagers to carry or move from one place to another.
Features & Functions
- Features 6 built-in stitches and a 4-step buttonhole function. Preset stitch width and length setting. Most stitches are set with a 5mm width.
- Dial stitch selection.
- Sewing area is provided with proper lighting with the LED lights on the machine.
- Extra high presser foot lifting capability to accommodate thick fabrics. Presser foot pressure is automatic.
- Automatic tension feature is designed to adapt to the fabric and stitch being used.
- Automatic bobbin winding automatically stops when bobbin spool is full.
- With 2 spool pins for its twin needle functionality.
Whats in the box?
- Instruction manual, quick start guide, foot pedal, dust cover and power cord.
- The machine also comes with a pack of standard accessories consists of all-purpose, zipper and buttonhole foot, a pack of spare needles and bobbins, needle plate, and a lot more.
Singer 1304 Review: Customers’ Feedback
- Small and portable, easy to bring anywhere and can be packed away in a closet or cupboard when not in use.
- Has twin needle function for sewing edges or can also be used as a decorative stitch.
- Robust base in spite of its size
- Vertical, front-loading bobbin system doesn’t make it easy to replace bobbin and raising the bobbin thread presents a challenge.
- The thread always jams and breaks which is attributed to the lack of manual tension capability.