The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is a mid-range computerized sewing machine with plenty of features to meet the needs of most sewing professionals. A number of bonus accessories including an extension table, allow you to take on a wide variety of sewing projects with ease.
If you are looking for a sewing machine for beginner, hobbyist or professional sewing, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is perfect. It has everything you need for high quality, stitch-perfect sewing. With a $300-$400 price range, you are getting quite a bargain. Here are some of the top features you are going to love.
Best Features of the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
- 600 built-in stitches: You will never run out of stitch options thanks to the 600 stitch patterns that come with the sewing machine. Whatever project you are on and whatever design you want, there is a perfect stitch for it. A reference chart located on the upper lid shows all the 600 stitches, allowing you to quickly pick the one you want. In addition, there are five different fronts and 13 automatic 1-step buttonholes.
- Computerized: This is a computerized sewing machine with a large LCD display to help you pick the right stitch patterns, stitch length and stitch width. The window will also show the recommended presser foot as well as other essential settings. This adds speed and convenience to your sewing, a major benefit for professionals.
- Extension table and other accessories: Should you ever need a larger working surface area, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 comes with a convenient extension table that easily snaps on for added space. Other accessories include 18 different presser feet, needles, seam ripper and others.
- Heavy duty frame: A heavy duty all-metal interior frame ensures that the sewing machine can work seamlessly without any skipped stitches. It also gives the machine longevity. It will still serve you well even after years of use and dozens of projects.
- Stitch editing capabilities for a fully customized sewing experience.
- Auto pilot and auto speed control, ensuring error-free sewing even for difficult areas.
- Automatic thread cutter that quickly trims upper and lower thread when you are done.
- Automatic needle threader for quicker and easier threading.
- Drop-in bobbin system for easy removal and insertion.
- Several automatic features and functions make sewing easier and help save time. This is especially important for professionals who need to be speedy without lowering sewing quality.
- With 600 stitches and 13 automatic buttonholes, users have a wide variety of design options to choose from.
- A wide range of presser feet (there are 19 in total), expands the functionality of the machine, another big advantage for pros.
- A steady and stable all-metal frame ensures that your stitching is precise with no skipped stitches.
- A wide range of accessories including an extension table that comes in handy when you need more surface area.
- Some users noted that the machine can be a bit noisy.
- The instructions are inadequate. Users often have to go searching through online resources for full instructions and guides.
If we were to give an award for best overall sewing machine, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 would be a top contender. It works amazingly well across different types of sewing projects and skill levels. Even better, it will not break your bank.