The Singer 7258 is one of the highest rated sewing machines online, and for a good reason. For starters, it has a very pocket-friendly price tag attached to it yet does not compromise on the features or the quality. For less than $200, you get 100 stitches, an array of accessories and an amazing versatility. Whether you are looking to replace an older machine or a gift for someone or even your first machine, you will be amazed by how ideal a choice this is.
Key Features of the Singer Stylist Computerized Sewing Machine
- It has a hundred built-in stitches- The manual thoughtfully explains uses of most of these stitches.
- 10 presser feet which are excellent for quilting, sewing, and crafting.
- An autopilot which is electronic- This allows one to sew without the foot pedal and adjust the speed to maximum.
- Automatic needle threader- this is a big time saving feature and the instructions on how to do it are elaborated on the manual.
- Easy to load bobbin with a clear cover- No more surprises when the bobbin thread runs out unexpectedly. You can keep an eye on the progress of the bobbin thread as you sew.
- LED display screen with dials to select, adjusts length and width of stitches.
This is a feature-packed and affordable machine, designed to handle all your sewing need. Despite its price, it is quite the workhorse. Beginners and those who are more experienced in sewing will appreciate the features packed in this machine.
Some other features include
- LED bulb that illuminates the workspace so that even dark colored fabrics are a breeze to work through.
- 7 built-in buttonholes- Sift through the variety of buttonhole styles and create the perfect size every time.
- Programmable needle up/down- With the needle programmed up, it stops in the highest position allowing for easy removal of fabric from the machine. When programmed to stop down, it is perfect for quilting, appliqueing and pivoting.
- A start/stop button which controls the speed of sewing. This is ideal for beginners and for precision sewing.
The heavy metal framing of this machine ensures that the machine remains steady while you are sewing and avoids skipped stitches. With so many stitches, a simple design that is easy to use and a great affordable price, the Singer Stylist Computerized Sewing Machine is one of the best machines in this price range.
This machine is easy to use and carries a very familiar design, that you can set it up and start using it in under 5 minutes. This workhorse operates quietly and gives you neat, even and pretty stitches. The top loading bobbin is a life saver; it is an easy to work with and jam-proof mechanism, even more so for beginners.
Even though the pressure of the presser foot is automatic, it is not adjustable. The stitch width is also limited to 5mm, whereas other machines have a max of 7mm.
For the most part, the Singer 7258 Stylist Computerized Sewing Machine is an above average performer, and the price is tremendous for everything it brings to the table.